REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
19 May 2023
LYNDEN PINDLING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
1MW SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC PLANT
Nassau Airport Development Company Ltd. (NAD) is seeking Proposers (experienced consortium or joint venture) to design and build a solar energy plant at Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA).
This renewable energy initiative comprises of, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Solar energy technology solution options
- Project site location for delivery to (or within) the LPIA power grid
- Expected COD (Charge on Demand) for generation facilities responsive to this RFP
- Market pricing for energy capacity and all generation related services
- Level of experience of market participants in developing renewable energy
- Proposer’s affirmation of interest in providing a design build renewable energy solution to LPIA
- Deadline for submission of proposals: 2:00PM EST, June 30, 2023.
Proposers are to submit comprehensive responses for the development of a 1MW commercial scale grid tied solar power plant at LPIA. Interested proposers are invited to provide a cost competitive bid, under the guidelines of the Bahamas Electricity Act. Proposers shall have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the solar photovoltaic industry with at least 1MW of solar energy production.
NAD’s OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To achieve a high standard of excellence and customer service
- To achieve energy security and reliability at LPIA, the main international gateway to The Bahamas
Except as otherwise specified in this Request for Proposal, NAD will not enter into any communications with Bidders in connection with this procurement except to provide clarification regarding the RFP and the procurement process. NAD will respond in writing to any request for clarification where such written request for clarification is received not later than fourteen (14) days before the deadline for submission of Proposals. Any Bidder requiring clarification on the RFP or procurement process may notify NAD in writing at the address indicated below:
Mr. Sean Moultrie, Capital Projects Manager
Nassau Airport Development Company Ltd.
Lynden Pindling International Airport
Enter Airline, Location, or Flight #