As you pass through LPIA, ensure it’s your time on the island you remember.
- Pack with security screening in mind. Remember the 3-1-1 rule for carry-ons:
- No more than 3.4 ounces or less per container for liquids, gels, creams or pastes.
- Items must be in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag.
- Limit 1 bag per passenger
- Plan to arrive at the airport at least three hours before your U.S.-bound flight and two hours for all other International flights. Contact your individual airline for details.
- Take advantage of speedy processing services. Checking-in online and use self-service kiosks at LPIA. (See Automated Passport Control Usage tips)
- Call your airline in advance if you require wheelchair assistance or have other questions.
- U.S. citizens out of the country for 48 hours are allowed up to $800 worth of duty-free merchandise. Limitations include no more than two liters of alcohol. Find more information about exemption limits on the USCBP website.
- Canadian residents away for seven or more days are entitled to $750 worth of duty-free goods. Limitations include up to 40 ounces of liquor or wine. Find more information about exemption limits on the CBSA website.