POSITION SUMMARY: To manage contractor operations for airside related projects and terminal expansion projects. Be the field operations point of contact for all project stakeholders. Prepares and manages project work scope and budget; conducts reviews and verifications of construction schedules; project baseline and updates, in coordination with the Project Manager, Operations Manager and Director of Airside Operations. Performs inspections and generate field testing and commissioning reports. Assists in the preparation and negotiations of construction contracts, change orders and the preparation of weekly / monthly project reports. Reviews payment vouchers from contractors. Lead project progress meetings and distributes meeting minutes. Responsible for site safety, permit compliance and coordination with other adjacent projects. Monitors contractor compliance with the contractor’s Safety and Health Plan and the approved contractor’s Quality Plan and with NAD work safety requirements. Work with the Operations department, Airside Operations and other LPIA stake holders to minimize disruptions to the LPIA operations and the public. Logs and coordinates with the Capital Projects Manager to respond to Contractors’ submittals, RFI’s and shop drawings. Prepares confirm punch list with the Capital Projects Manager upon completion of the projects. Solves complex challenges relating to project schedules and budgets as an effective member of the project team. Over sees staff personnel timesheets, vacation /leave, and general work-related issues that may arise. Maintain comprehensive project history files; review project documents in-depth to handle construction and design issues; and prepare change orders, project correspondence, and reports. Performs routine assignments requiring application of spreadsheets, databases, and scheduling software.
POSITION SUMMARY: – This role is responsible for the planning, development and execution of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and program for LPIA, including working closely with airport stakeholders, brands and partners to drive aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenue.
The position uses multiple media platforms (print, social media, web, email, video, etc.), to drive increased concession sales, passenger/community engagement and brand awareness. The Manager of Marketing and Promotions is responsible for the development and implementation of all promotional events, campaigns and related activities to drive revenue.
The Executive Office at the Nassau Airport Development Company is seeking enthusiastic professionals for dynamic roles: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT at the Lynden Pindling International Airport. More information about these exciting roles at our award-winning airport are available on the Careers page.
The Maintenance & Engineering Department at the Nassau Airport Development Company is seeking enthusiastic professionals for dynamic roles: ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN Level I – (Night Shift) at the Lynden Pindling International Airport. More information about these exciting roles at our award-winning airport are available on the Careers page.
Airside Operations & Public Safety (AOPS)
JOB PURPOSE Ensure the airfield is safe for flight operations and maximize asset life cycles through regularly scheduled maintenance and rehabilitation strategies. Ensure environmental sustainability through the implementation of policies, procedures and programs in accordance with applicable regulations and industry standards.
REPORTS TO – Director, Airside Operations & Public Safety
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or environmental field
• Project management knowledge, skills and experience
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial capacity, preferably within the aviation industry
• Specific knowledge and/or experience in the following areas would be a plus:
o Asphalt pavement surface maintenance
o Surface and groundwater management
o Solid and hazardous waste management
o Air quality, spill response, hazardous material uses and handling
• Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory regimes and aviation safety and environmental laws, regulations and requirements
• Clean Police Record
• Proven leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify hazards, develop and implement programs/procedures to eliminate same. • Ability to quickly and confidently make decisions during a crisis • Ability to calm, motivate and empower team members during a crisis • Ability to function well under pressure • Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others • Good at multi-tasking and an effective independent worker • Excellent communication skills both written and orally • Good office management and computer skills
• Serve as an exemplary role model
• Always demonstrate a positive attitude
• Never compromise integrity
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
• Demonstrate and provide excellent levels of customer service to internal and external customers
• Always demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement
• Analyzes and oversees the daily upkeep and maintenance of the airfield which includes but is not limited to pavement surfaces; grass verges, obstructions, lighting, signage, markings, equipment maintenance, perimeter security line and ditch clearance. • Ensures all airfield facilities/operating practices meet the requirements of all applicable local Bahamas Aviation Safety Regulations (BASR).
• Develop effective asset management strategies (including pavement) to ensure safety and maximize the lifecycle of all airfield assets.
• Develop, implement and maintain an effective pavement management plan that includes routine preventative maintenance and planned rehabilitation of pavement surfaces.
• Maintain inventories and condition reports of all airfield assets.
• Work effectively with the Maintenance Department to ensure reliable airfield lighting.
• Research, plan and develop environmental procedures and plans.
• Update and maintain the environmental management plan.
• Conduct regular environmental inspections of company and tenant facilities.
• Undertake regular sampling of surface and groundwater to ensure the protection of local waters.
• Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
• Promote and raise environmental awareness at all levels internally and with external partners, particularly the impacts of emerging environmental issues.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable company & government environmental regulations.
• Work with airport stakeholders & contractors to ensure the airport community is environmentally responsible and meet or exceeds international best practices.
• Act as a liaison with government agencies or departments and contractors on environmental matters.
• Assist with the management of the airport’s wildlife control program.
• Supervise and direct the day to day activities of the Airfield Maintenance and Environmental Team.
• Implement and carry out an effective training program for all staff. • Develops and monitors annual budget for the upkeep and repair of airfield assets. • Assists airport leadership to maintain airport operations during airfield construction and maintenance.
Note: The preceding information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
To apply for a position, submit your resume online or mail it to:
Nassau Airport Development Company
Attention: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box AP 59229